Multi Frequency Multi Beam Luneberg Antennas
The Luneberg lens is a spherical multi-layered lens which is capable of focusing microwave radio communications from any direction. By placing a series of feeds on the opposite side of the desired direction of the signal, the Luneberg lens is capable of receiving/transmitting simultaneously in any direction. Using Luneberg lens technology, it is possible to construct a multi-beam antenna capable of simultaneous multi-satellite tracking or capable of receiving/transmitting several signals in any direction (360 degrees) simultaneously. Practically, a Luneberg lens comprises several hemispherical shells, built with plastic material; the further they are from the centre, the larger their radius and the lower their permittivity.
Several communication applications requiring several simultaneous signals can be catered for by this type of antenna:
- Multi-beam antennas
- Satellite communications
- Permanent communications for ground vehicles and boats.
- Simultaneous satellite tracking (multiple satellites)
Please download the latest datasheet for more information. The Company’s development team is at your disposal for the study of any specific requirements:
- New diameters
- Specific gain and aperture at specific frequencies
- Radomes for protection
- Feeds and fixing solutions
To find out more about Steatite Antennas or discuss specific requirements please contact on +44(0)1568 617920, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on all capabilities please download Steatite Company Overview.
- Active and passive microwave antenna subsystem components Steatite integrates a wide range of active and passive microwave and millimeterwave antenna subsystem components providing even greater added value engineering support. READ MORE...